I’ve got 3 different types of Mac computers at home, running Snow Leopard, and on each computer I’ve had the need to print stuff using my HP Laserjet 1020 model. Each time I used a new computer I realised that there is no built-in support for the printer and each time I had forgot the steps of getting it to work. This time I figured I better blog about it, maybe someone else also have the same problem.
Step 1, getting the drivers.
- Go to the Apple support page, click on the ‘Download’ button. Be aware that the file is about 350MB.
- Install the drivers.
Step 2, select the driver
- Turn on the printer and connect it to the Mac.
- Open the printer preference page, press the ‘+’ button to add the printer.
- In the ‘add printer’ dialog, make sure that the printer is visible. Open the driver list.
- Select HP Laserjet 1022, but not the gutenberg version.
The steps above should do the trick.